I Reckon Life

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dream Guy

"Since childhood every girl has some picture of her dream boy or prince charming in her mind. "How should he look like, what qualities should he have?”, and many more things. And they always believe that someone somewhere is definitely made for us.

I also have some expectations, some pictures in my mind about my soul mate. How he looks is not important to me but ‘does he love me or not’ is definitely the first and important thing that I would like to know. He may not be fair and handsome, but he should be smart enough. He should have a personality of his own. The one with such a charisma and character that people always get attracted towards him. But he should be intelligent and well educated too.

The one who cares for me as a small baby whenever needed and the one who corrects me whenever I am wrong, who scolds me for my mistakes, and praises me when I am right. The one whom I can respect and get the same from him also. The one who can speak his heart out to me and listens to me, without being defensive.

He should have a mind of his own and should not be afraid to voice his opinions. He should be confident enough physically as well as emotionally. The one who helps me to know myself more and more and the one who can control my anger, as when I am angry I am as bad as a lioness. The one with whom my chemistry, understanding ability should be such that when we are not together, still we can make out what would be going in the other person’s mind.

The main thing is he shouldn’t smoke and drink (not at all). He should be friendly to everyone. The one who asks me my desires and wants and never get offended by the truth.

He should pay the same respect to my parents as he has for his own parents. He shouldn’t be their son-in-law, but son. And be a big brother to my younger brothers. He himself should be residing with his parents, brothers and sisters, and not away from them.

Finally financial stability does matter. I am not seeking for a luxurious life, but a happy and comfortable life. He shouldn’t be hesitant while talking to me about his problems. How small it may be, doesn’t matter to me, it may be mentally, financially or physically or any other – he should discuss it with me.

Last but not the least he may not be perfect , but I want an imperfect person in a perfect way.
"


Its mind boggling and I am speechless!
I feel zapped out!

Labels:

15 Comments:

  • :D where did u find this list
    ~preeti

    By Blogger The Bhandari's, at Monday, February 27, 2006 11:39:00 AM  

  • Okie my foodie blog updated too :)

    By Blogger The Bhandari's, at Monday, February 27, 2006 2:28:00 PM  

  • Kya 'duffer' issliye kehte ho ???

    Aur yeh toh bahut hi acche thoughts hai....:)

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, February 27, 2006 10:38:00 PM  

  • @Preetiji: someone wrote it 4 years back; I got it now on a partly torn, old yellow pages of some notebook :P

    Are the boiled eggs simply cut or finely grated?? badly want to try making it but then have no kitchen in hostel and eggs in mumma's kitchen are a big NO NO :(


    @Nidhi: Thanks duffer
    Oops did I just say that?? :D
    haan re it was quite moving when I read it, especially knowing that these were written 4 long years back and were lost only to be found again by her in a diary! Thankfully she did not throw it away.

    PS: sadly, she now finds this funny & childish and laughs at it :(

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:05:00 AM  

  • May 2002 to be more precise!

    quite amusing thots for an 18 year old :)

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:56:00 AM  

  • hmm boiled eggs to be chopped (cut small pieces and without eggs this is not going to taste well :( so if it's big No in ur mom's kitchen and no kitchen in hostel umm u can come to my place and taste it ;)
    ~preeti

    By Blogger The Bhandari's, at Thursday, March 02, 2006 2:00:00 PM  

  • Accha issme 'sadly' wali kaun se baat hai....she has grown up and now expresses it in a different way..

    And dont I know that she care...hmm...kyun tere drafts ke kisse main sunau kya ??

    :P :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:42:00 PM  

  • @Preeti: thanks. yeah no way in mom's. but then thanks a lot for the offer. I hope you won't regret it once I start eating *evil grin*

    @Nidhi: its was sad for me to know that, since the thing is beautifully written. I feel that it can be added to, but shudn't be laughed upon :| Its very touching and I respect this list a lot.

    Aur tu zarurat se kuch zyada hi jaan gayi hai - kuch karna padega :-? Supari deta hoon bhai ko >:) *oinking*

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Friday, March 03, 2006 2:56:00 AM  

  • Oh what a wonderful read... enjoyed it thoroughly, bachchpan ki yadein taazaa ho gayi, even I was one of those girls weaving such dreams... and I am not ashamed to accept it. It's a part of life and I am happy that I have thought over it as it will help me to be very judicious in making the big decision of choosing a life- partner.

    By Blogger Niedhie, at Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:47:00 PM  

  • @Niedhie: glad that you liked it. Though thanks shud go to the orig. writer ;-)
    kuch bachpan ki yaadein share karna chahengi aap sabke saath? *batting eyes*

    Ashamed ?!?!?! where does that question even arise. In fact I am proud of her that she had something like this in her mind :> She did gave it a serious thot, she had a choice - a judicious choice without indulgances and frivolous wantonness, she craved for the best, desired sweetness, wanted a placid life, valued the person rather than the show offs .. . most importantly shared it with me!
    And god only knows how earnestly I want to be all that she ever wanted to possess...

    chosing ur life partner - GOOD LUCK :D I will pray some nice wishes for you.

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:17:00 AM  

  • heehee thts how we girls think...dont try to figure it out...!!ul'l only end up more confused ;p

    By Blogger Pri, at Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:38:00 PM  

  • @PRI: heyy no way! not at all confused. In fact had someone told me (as a guy, of course!) to come up with a dream guy list for girls, I would have come up with a more demanding one than this!

    WHY CONFUSED?
    I can very well understand it.
    just that I find this one insufficient, quite low standard ;) Want to give her lots more :">

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Wednesday, March 15, 2006 2:16:00 PM  

  • @thandi coffee: means you are settling for whatever you might get?? gave up ? stopped dreaming ?
    :O :O bad bad gurl! you shudn't at least do THAT!

    well instead of writing it out I found it out! temme if you wanna meet her ;)

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:53:00 PM  

  • haha
    LOL

    By Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!!, at Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:43:00 AM  

  • hmmm...

    By Blogger Charan, at Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home