I Reckon Life

Monday, December 18, 2006

Tags Galore

Here is the tag of '3's taken over from Pri's.
Mostly it is 'coz this is introspective and slightly 'coz I wanted to make up for not taking Pri's previous tag and I needed something to post, as the blog has been complaining a lot lately ;-)

Anyways, here I go without much digressions ...

3 smells I love:
- any home made food! (yeah I live to eat :D)
- obnoxious smells of chemicals, etc. Not that I dig them much but I do love to sniff a 2nd or 3rd time if they hit my nose once! We had vials of acetone, xylene, glycerine at home in our fridge which I loved to sniff once in a while:D of course other smells were available in papa's lab! oh & not to forget the Kipp's apparatus :P
- her hair! (okok I know it is not exactly a smell per se, but a manifestation of my feelings! but what the heck, I love it :"> )


3 smells I hate:

- perfumes!!! (I don't know why but probably it is this thot in my head that no one needs to make up and fake up. I hate any makeup whatsoever :| )
- BO.
- those ones emanating from open drains, gutters in city :(


3 jobs I had in my life:
hehe! what kind of tag is this Pri? You should have modified the points for jobless people :P If thank you services also count then may be I do have 3 jobs to talk about!
- unofficial and official system administrator in hostel for 2 years (had helluva painful time)
- student rep in computer center of insti (I wish I had kicked a lot more ass than I did. Though I'm darn proud of never ever doing any moral policing:) )
- lately was freelancing online.


3 forever-watchable movies:
- don't argue about JUST THIS one - I do hate typical hindi movies but somehow I have already watched 'Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein' more than a dozen times. All my frnds are sick of the movie now :P
- Some of these high rated (by me) romantic movies, the so called chick flicks!
- hardcore War movies with lotsa action.


3 fond memories:

- preparations for IIT entrance! (it was Gupta Tutorials, 2000-01, nearly killed us, but was worth it - the teachers, frnds, hardwork, IIT itself!)
- 1st year in college (i know, i know this one counts for everyone)
- THAT first kiss :> (no comments ;) )


3 jobs I'd love to have:

(un)fortunately I am not the so-called career oriented guy, as I like to put it 'an unambitious slog':| So the jobs I crave for are average ones only. I sincerely believe money corrupts + I would never do a job that holds me away from my family after 7-8 pm! There are bigger joys in smaller things, than just slogging :|
- be a technical lead in some small startup IT company :)
- be a technical writer, writing in IT field.
- to be a registered doctor (and to quote Pri, "sigh! everyone can dream cant they ??:-/")


3 things I love to do:
how ridiculous to give only 3 options for things that any person would love to do!!! So I think I'll put generic stuff here instead of any particular activities.

- Talk with & listen to frnds, at a personal level.
- Live. well everyone loves to be alive :P but what I mean is more or less summed up in these lines from the movie Demolition Man - "I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading playboy magazine."
(mind you, I don't run naked anywhere, haven't ever read playboy (there is better p0rn literature to read!), and don't eat non-veg but I hope you get the gist, from these lines, of what is meant by 'living'!)


3 of my fav foods:
again what a limited choice of options for a person who lives to eat ;-)
- ALL vegetables, when cooked by mum! (i know its weird, but somehow all vegetables are my fav. even be it the kadwa karela)
- self-plucked fruits! (sigh! such fantasies rarely materialize!)
- Continental and Chinese food at typical restaurants in the city, though always experimenting:D (I don't drink colddrinks, tea; don't like pizzas, always cut down on bread, hate fried stuff and mostly desist fast food!. . . phew i know to some ppl I am boring :-" )


3 places I would like to be right now:
- Delhi, for obvious reasons ;)
- New York! there are other personal reasons too!
- any green mountain ranges - partly lost and mostly trekking!


3 things which make me cry:
shit! why was this question here?
- senti dad-son scenes in movies :|
- the way tunnel-visioned parents still smother their children :|
- some songs which are of significance in my personal life (I'm compiling them into an album!)



Phew so many thoughts ..... I think I am gonna fall out and get some fresh morning breeze! Its 7am and I am getting all senti about being myself, since last 2 hours!
And the tag goes out to anyone who wants to take it up :-) I'd love to read everything anyone might have to say.

Current Music: Switchfoot! I'm Learning To Breathe, I'm learning to crawl ...

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

  • damn cute list! enjoyed reading it!!!!
    you say u're a foodie and have dismissed such good food! what do u actually like??

    :)
    :)
    :)
    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 18, 2006 4:27:00 PM  

  • already one comment chalo I'll also read

    By Blogger The Bhandari's, at Tuesday, December 19, 2006 7:39:00 AM  

  • woah!!
    Thats some list!!!...u have some patience to do such a huge tag!

    By Blogger Ekta, at Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:31:00 PM  

  • @chandni: congratulations for the first one to be replied to, on my blog, after a long time :P

    Dismissed wat? softdrinks, pizzas, etc.? Gosh! no ways. I'd better be not called foodie then :P

    No! I said I love food, I live to eat. All I meant was I heartily cherish what I eat & I respect whatever I get - just that I'm selective about eating :)
    you see I'm notorious for lecturing ppl to finish everything they take in mess ;-) hehe


    @Anjanpreet: yeah you are welcome to read, but no comments? :(
    And where is bhau so busy these days? celebrating b'day, eh? :P
    pehle to kabhi kabhi khud bhi blog update karte the aajkal bilkul nahi.


    @Ekta: you see "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" I ditched her previous tag, so took up this one! No matter how long, as long as it saves my neck being lengthened out its worth it ;-)

    As I said its introspective so I loved doing it. Just had to copy-paste a small portion from my unpublished, personal stuff :>

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:56:00 PM  

  • had a good read: pls read my comments inline
    *any home made food! * oh you made me home sick now, anyays just 3 more days to go and then we'll be in india enjoying home made mom's homecook food,,,oh am dieing for it
    *her hair!* ahaan hmmmmmmm
    *THAT first kiss :> (no comments ;) )* ummmmmm no comments ;)
    *to be a registered doctor (and to quote Pri, "sigh! everyone can dream cant they ??:-/")*..... after all it is a dream better :P u as a doctor funny to imagine ;)
    *Live. well everyone loves to be alive :P * ji ji samajh gaye aapka view point in detail
    *- Continental and Chinese food at typical restaurants in the city, though always experimenting:D * It's good our indians make better chineese, never try it out here in singapore or thailand it's horrible looking strange pata nahin kya, hate it now
    *- Delhi, for obvious reasons ;)* mujhay patta hai mujhay patta hai :D

    nice tag, chalo I need to write something so I might take up this tag :)

    By Blogger The Bhandari's, at Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:07:00 AM  

  • hmmm so I have commented now, actually we are very busy here, and sachin is damn busy so he cannot update it, am trying to do so, as we are coming to india for vacation too so really busy on shopping part too, anyways alls done now packing left, and we are flying 2morow at 3:30 p.m (singapore time) will reach delhi at 6:30 p.m(IST). 2morow

    By Blogger The Bhandari's, at Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:09:00 AM  

  • cute stuff...u love smelling hair ha ;-) me too.

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:39:00 AM  

  • 2? I think its closer to 3-4. Delta started you off in your 2nd year I suppose. And I caught Delta in his 1st year :P

    Senti dad-son things? Watch the movie "The thing about my folks" then. It also has a senti-mum thing thrown in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, December 23, 2006 9:52:00 AM  

  • That was some tag... very insiteful:)
    *her hair* very cute:)

    By Blogger Sugababee, at Tuesday, December 26, 2006 6:31:00 AM  

  • @Anjanpreet:
    Thank you ji, for the comment :) Welcome back to India ;) ask bhau to give me a call sometime.
    & you couldn't write something, right?


    @Keshi:
    yeah pretty cute :">
    recently have been reading helluva cute things on your blog too :D
    Thanks for dropping by, appreciate it.


    @Pravin:
    Oh yeah prolly it was 3-4 years. guess what? thoda maintenance abhi bhi kar raha hoon ;) the optical fibre is gone these days so ... :(
    & you didn't come that day :(

    Oh yeah its one of my fav. movies - have seen 2 times :D love the part when she describes why she did not leave her husband!


    @Suga:
    Where have you been ma'am??? how have you been? Do drop me a few lines sometime! Thanks dropping by.

    By Blogger Ashish Gupta, at Tuesday, December 26, 2006 4:23:00 PM  

  • Happy New Year Ashish!

    :)
    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:23:00 AM  

  • HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    interesting 3somes :)

    Regards,
    Aiz.

    By Blogger Princess, at Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:55:00 PM  

  • lolz ... funny!

    By Blogger SeePearrl, at Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:43:00 PM  

  • Oh cool I like tags... reading them that is! :P

    Some interesting facts... some of them common, some of them extremely dissimilar... :)

    Nice blog :)

    By Blogger Mirage, at Monday, February 19, 2007 1:27:00 AM  

  • haha...on ur blog after a long time...but why RHTDM!!..why?????????????:-)

    By Blogger Ekta, at Monday, March 26, 2007 10:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home